Aug 8, 2011

Canning - Trial 1

I'm calling my first canning attempt a success.  Although it doesn't quite match what I had imagined, it is totally my own fault for sucking a following directions.  I refused (was too lazy) to measure out the spices the salsa recipe called for, so my salsa ended up with too much cumin.  I probably could have added some sugar to help balance it out, but I got too impatient.

Sigh.  Story of my life.

But, it turned out edible, and not too shabby for a first attempt.  Any ways, I'm no Casey Rhea, so I won't go into the canning details too much more.  Plus, I'm a horribly sloppy cook and pictures would have demonstrated me sloshing tomato juice and seeds all over my counters, floor, stove, and even poor Martini's head.

For the next batch, I'm thinking I'll have a salsa making party like a couple people have mentioned.  Then I won't spend all night chopping up tomatoes, onions, and cilantro.  Get ready for your Facebook event invite. 

No worries though, I'll bribe every one to help with some margaritas and cheese dip!

1 comment: