May 10, 2011

Back Story

Growing up, my family always had a garden.  Every summer the kitchen would overflow with tomatoes, cucumbers, zucchini, green beans, cantaloupe, and peppers.  My dad was even skilled enough to grow asparagus and okra.  His one complaint was always that he didn’t have enough land to have a garden big enough for his liking on our corner lot of land.  


Fast forward and now I’m married and on my own, with an entire acre of flat land perfect for gardening.  I know it is perfect, because my dad has always told me that every time he comes over and sees my empty back yard.  My husband and I have lived in our home for five years now, and I have never attempted a garden.  I have tried container gardens on the patio, but I quickly gave these up to sit in the air conditioned house and drink wine.  But, that all changes this year.  This year, this ex-sorority girl turned wino becomes a gardener.

No comments:

Post a Comment