May 10, 2011

Planning Stage

Everyone has a plan - until they get punched in the face. - Mike Tyson


Being the inner nerd I am, and possibly procrastinating the digging process a little, I scoured Google for help on how to plan my garden.  I used my mad Google skills to help me stumble across this little website.  www.growveg.com.  It was actually an amazing resource, and let me download a program to help me see how my garden would actually grow.


I had an idea of how big I wanted it to be, but to be safe and not use my "eye ball" technique I use in cooking, I took the tape measure outside and actually measured out my area.  I determined that a good beginner garden for me would be 9x7 feet.  Then the growveg.com plan makes it easy.  I entered in the diminsions, and voila.  There's my empty garden on the screen ready for me to add any vegetable I so please. 


After thinking long and hard about what vegetables me and the Hubby would most enjoy, we came up with this list:

  • Tomatoes
  • Green Pepper
  • JalapeƱo
  • Zucchini
  • Summer Squash
  • Cucumbers
  • Radishes
  • Lettuce
  • Green Onions
  • Cantaloupe 
Okay, maybe it wasn't a long and hard decision, but a quick trip to Menard,s with an impatient husband.  Then, I used the simple drag and drop tool in the growveg.com plan, and my garden was complete!  





No comments:

Post a Comment