Jun 8, 2011

Failures - Blah

Well, my first attempt at the garden failed.  Not because of me, but because of my two monsters pictured below.



Yeah, they're cute, and I love them, but they decided it would be a grand idea to dig up my garden as first planted.  And why wouldn't they?  I mean, it was a nice soft ground, so they didn't have to work as hard to dig a deep hole and roll around in the mud.  Effing spoiled bastards.

But, I didn't let this stop me.  I have since replanted the garden, minimizing the contents, which is probably a good thing for my first one.  I cut out the lettuce, radishes, and green onions.  They weren't salvageable from garden massacre, and I didn't think with the heat that they would sprout back up.

Also this time, I laid out the black landscaping mesh down, and then cut holes for my plants.  That should cut down on having to weed.  My Dear Hubby has also constructed an awesome dog blocker out of some chicken wire.  Although the giant beasts could still get in there if they really wanted, I'm counting on their laziness.

Overall, I'm happier with this final project than my original.  So, maybe the first failure was really a success.  I'll post pictures soon of the actual garden, but until then, here's my new streamlined garden, courtesy of www.growveg.com.



No comments:

Post a Comment