Jun 30, 2011

New Goal: Grow Basil Immediately

This weekend, my dear friend Casey got me drunk.

But wait?!  What does this have to do with gardening you ask?  Oh don't worry, Casey is such a culinary genius that she mixed up a great cocktail with fresh basil from her garden, fresh locally grown strawberries*, lemonade, and gin.

The only downside is that it tastes so delish you don't realize how drunk you are until you make your husband drive you to McDonald's, order some french fries, and pass out before he can pull forward to the second window.  I'm not saying that happened to me, but I'm not saying it didn't.

What I learned from this experience is first, the way to a woman's heart is through a basil gin drink, and second, that I need to buy a basil plant asap.

*In full disclosure, I am not positive that the strawberries were local.  It is irrelevant to my drunkenness of that night.

1 comment:

  1. Don't buy it. I have extra plants you can have. And I wish the berries were local, but they are all gone. Please look for the recipe within the next, work days on my clog. Just have to make some so I can get a pic

    ReplyDelete