Jul 5, 2011

Blaming the Dogs Again

As many of you, I was drunk or out of town most of the holiday weekend.  [Except for a quick trip to the ER for the stupid hives.  Sigh.]  Which means I was unable to check my garden until today after work. 

Sadly, it appears one of my zucchini plants suffered some unknown illness in my absence.  


The other plants are fine, this one is just really, really wilted.  To solve the issue, I googled my little heart out, and found some possible answers.  This site seemed to sum up what every other site was saying.  You know it's a good sign when "causes of wilted zucchini" appears in the URL.

BUT - this didn't really seem to actually answer my problem.  There were no visible signs of disease, or nasty looking beetles.  (Which is a good thing because the chances of me actually hand picking beetles off of my plants is highly unlikely.  Ick.)  And while it was ridiculously hot this weekend, none of the other plants were wilted.

So after some more amazing CSI sleuth work, I came to a startling conclusion.  Rocky fucking pissed on my plant.  

I guess I get it.  In my dogs' eyes, I've been spending too much time in my little garden.  Besides sitting on the other side of the chicken wire and whining any time I'm in my garden, Rocky constantly needs to remind the world that the garden is "his".  No matter how much I yell and scream, as soon as I let him outside, he now runs to the garden and hikes his leg.  

Gross.  I need to make a sign to warn people to never eat any thing straight off the vine from my garden.  

Once the sun sets tonight, I'm going to try to go out and rejuvenate the poor piss plant with some water and possibly Miracle Grow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment