Jul 26, 2011

Effing Ameren

*Mom, you're welcome, and you're right, "effing" instead of "fucking" does make me seem classier.*

A couple weeks ago, I received a little post card in the mail from Ameren notifying me they would be trimming the trees in my neighborhood, and I was entitled to free woodchips if I was interested.

Obviously I was interested.  While my little veggie garden booming, the rest of the landscaping is kind of lacking.  Free mulch could only help.

Now, we have two giant trees in our front yard that shade our humble abode.  These beautiful, nay magnificent, trees even survived the inland tornado of May 8, 2009 (also known as my 25th Birthday Storm).

But they didn't survive Ameren.  My poor trees are now just giant trunks.  It looks like the sad tree from The Giving Tree, only without a little boy to love.  Not only are the trees sad, but my plants in my front flowerbed, which have always been full shade plants, are now wilted as they are in direct sunlight.

But, as if that wasn't enough, this was sitting in my driveway.



Why yes, that is a 5 ton pile of mulch in my driveway.  What am I supposed to do with all of this?!?!?!

I HATE AMEREN!

1 comment: