Jul 12, 2011

Future Schemes

I have way too many effing tomatoes, especially considering the Hubby doesn't like them.  But, he does like them cooked into things, and I spend a fortune on diced tomatoes from Krogers year round.  

These lead to the logical solution that I need to learn to can this shit.  I have high hopes of canning home made salsa, diced tomatoes, dill pickles, and sweet pickles.

It looks like there are a couple canning methods, and surely it can't be that hard, right?  I mean, people used to do this kind of stuff back before the power of Google and YouTube, which means I can definitely conquer this.


1 comment:

  1. You need to come over and insert yourself in the Houseman Family Canning Day. My mother-in-law probably won't notice another person and you'll benefit from 1000 different hands doing a task that is just tedious.

    ReplyDelete