Jul 5, 2011

Blackberry Success!

Despite my futile attempts earlier in the year to tame the wild blackberries growing next to my house, I have found a little path to enable me to have a blackberry snack whenever I want.  My first berry picking mission started out with high hopes.  I took a little Tupperware bowl turned basket, and envisioned myself quite quaint as I strolled off to pick blackberries.

Problem.  It was fucking hot and they have crazy-long thorns.  What I thought would be a quick stroll through the country side picking blackberries ended up being a battle to get out without tearing a hole in my shirt or lose an eye.  Imagine when Maleficent cursed Princess Aurora's castle in Disney's Sleeping Beauty.  


Didn't see a Disney reference coming, did ya?

So after my battle with the thorns, I did make it out alive with about 2 cups of blackberries.  Because I was anxious for my hard work to pay off, I immediately went to Allrecipes.com and made the the first blackberry cobbler recipe I could find for the Hubby and I to enjoy.  

Sadly, the cobbler came out kind of mediocre, to put it nicely.  It was more like a blackberry muffin in an 8x8 square pan.  Next time I'll just shove the blackberries in the freezer and do my homework to find a recipe worth cooking.  If any one knows of a good cobbler recipe, let me know.  I'm talking to you, CaseyRhea.

1 comment:

  1. One, that is my favorite disney movie. Prince philip is the dreamiest cartoon prince ever! He can sing tio me anytime!

    Two, I can't give you that recipe, because there isn't one. It is an art form. Bring me the berries, we can spend a sunday together, and I will make you a cobbler almost as delicious as prince phillip

    ReplyDelete