Jun 28, 2011

Gardening = Extreme Couponing

Whoa Buddy!  I've got a baby zucchini growing!  I'm very impatient and wanted to pick it as soon as as I saw it today, but some how I was able to contain my excitement.  I'll post a picture of the little duder tomorrow.

I noticed yesterday that Kroger wanted $0.79 for a zucchini.  Fuck that noise.  Growing your own stuff is kind of like extreme couponing.  Maybe once I'm actually picking veggies I'll try to keep track of how much money I'm saving.  Sigh.  As if I needed to be an even bigger nerd, I'm now planning an Excel spreadsheet charting my cost-saving veggies?  What's wrong with me?  [Don't answer that.  I will not hesitate to shank a mother fucker.]

In other news, I've got about 6 green tomatoes.  I've already decided that this first batch of tomatoes are going to be picked green for fried green tomatoes.  They don't sell green tomatoes at Kroger, which probably makes them more valuable for my tally.  Plus, picking them early will help with my ridiculous impatience.

2 comments:

  1. This whole thing makes me insanely happy! It's like having dinner together with every post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you threaten to shank your mother fucking readers!

    ReplyDelete